Director – Kathy Pauwell
Heart and Hand is a 501c3 organization. This ministry was begun in 1996 as a faith-based organization that assists families in giving them a “Hand UP and NOT a Hand Out”. Eligible persons are encouraged to establish a relationship with God as their provider and acknowledge Him as the one who will give them a sense of self-worth and help them to progress in their life to reach their full potential.
The project started with a one family unit and since has grown to nine houses. Most of the houses were donated and others were obtained through various grants from Foundations.
Clients are evaluated every 30 days for compliance with rules and regulations. If they have not completed high school, they are required to obtain a General Equivalency Degree or get a job. If they get a job, they are required to save 50% of their income so they will have money to help them get started when they move out of our homes.
Counseling, guidance and assistance is provided to clients in the following areas:
- Identification – driver’s license, birth certificate, Social Security
- Personal finances and budgeting
- Employment referrals
- Food and clothing
- Transportation (bus passes)
- Christian alcohol and drug programs
- Housing search
- Church attendance requirements
Continuous Needs Include:
- Prayers and Financial Support
- Cleaning Supplies – Mops, Brooms, Vacuums
- Dish Soaps, Laundry Soaps and Bleach
- Bathroom Supplies
- Personal Hygiene Products
- Transportation Funds
- Disposable Diapers – All sizes
- Working Cars and Vans
- Office Volunteers
The office is currently located at:
1308 NW 9th St.
FAX: (405) 609-2321
Director of the Women’s Homes: Kathy Pauwell
The management of the organization is under the Direction of Dr. Steve Kern and Bob Waddell as Executive Director.